Practitioner Course Overview
Who Should Attend
The Data Science Practitioner™ (DSP) training is for anyone who would benefit from gaining an understanding of how to be part of an effective data science team. This includes members of data science teams, product owners, managers, and process masters.
By taking this course, you will gain an understanding of how using a data science process can improve a data science team’s effectiveness in generating actionable insight.
In short, the course will be useful for anyone who would like to start learning how to execute agile data science projects and be an effective member of a data science team (or how to work with a data science team).
The key focus of the course is to understand:
- Agility within a data science project context
- Data Science Life Cycle frameworks
- Data Science collaboration frameworks
How You Will Learn
- Online modules (that include videos and questions to help you reflect on the discussions)
- Live 2 hour zoom session (after you have completed the online modules)
- Online review material for the certification exam
After this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key differences between data science projects and software development projects
- Explain what is a data science life cycle
(data science workflow)
- Articulate the phases defined within CRISP-DM
- Explain the importance of team coordination frameworks
- Articulate the key aspects of Kanban, Scrum, and Data Driven Scrum
- Explain why agility is important for data science projects
Access the DSPA Community
When you enroll in our Data Science Practitioner™ (DSP) training, you immediately become a member of our community, which is a dynamic space that:
- Connects you directly with your peers
- Enables access to exclusive events
- Provides a library of curated data science project management related resources (e.g., white papers)
In addition, you will also be able to tap into our community of learners, Data Science Team Leads, and DSPA instructors. This professional network enables you to find answers when you need advice.
DSPA is very unique and very useful – I haven’t seen any other similar certifications.– Greg G.
“I highly recommend this course. It focuses on essential skills that I immediately put to work on a data science project. I tell my friends and peers – Take this class for the insights it adds to your project toolkit.”– Vince P.
Member Survey Results
- DPSA members are satisfied with their course(s) (85%+ of members)
- DSPA members think that the training/certification would be useful for others who work on data science projects (85%+ of members)
The cost of $295 includes access to the DSPA community, Practitioner training materials, the DSP live seminar and the DSP Certification Exam