Team Lead Course Overview
DSPA Home > Training > Team Lead Training
- Improve actionable insight via better communication with stakeholders
- Increase your team’s effectiveness via enhanced team coordination
- Drive process efficiency and the exploration of high value analyses
- Understand how to avoid (or appropriately address) common project missteps
Who Should Attend
The Data Science Team Lead™ (DSTL) course is for people who want training on how to lead agile data science projects or be an effective process master for a data science team.
In addition to providing an in depth understanding of how to use data science process frameworks, the course also covers common missteps and misunderstandings, so members gain an awareness of the associated symptoms of those missteps. The course also provides prescriptive guidance to avoid having the project go off track from those missteps and misunderstandings.
Our Team Lead course is a month long online course, that is a combination of online learning, and weekly live instruction.
The key focus of the course is to understand:
- Agility within a data science project context
- Data Science Life Cycle frameworks
- Data Science collaboration frameworks
How You Will Learn
- Weekly online modules (that include videos and questions to help you reflect on the discussions)
- Four weekly 30 minute live mentoring sessions
- Online review material for the certification exam
After this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key differences between data science projects and software development projects
- Explain how to use data science life cycle (workflow) frameworks, including the phases and artifacts defined within the CRISP-DM and TDSP frameworks
- Explain how to use coordination frameworks such as Kanban, Scrum, and Data Driven Scrum within a data science project
- Explain why agility is important for data science projects and how to achieve agility within the data science team
- Planing and Prioritizing tasks
- Agile frameworks (Scrum, DDS)
- Lean principles (Kanban)
- What is Agile Data Science?
- The need for Agility
- The benefits of Agility
Access the DSPA Community
When you enroll in our Data Science Team Lead™ (DSTL) training, you immediately become a member of our community, which is a dynamic space that:
- Connects you directly with your peers
- Enables access to exclusive events
- Provides a library of curated data science project management related resources (e.g., white papers)
In addition, you will also be able to tap into our community of learners, Data Science Team Leads, and DSPA instructors. This professional network enables you to find answers when you need advice.
I came out of this training with a better understanding of how to tackle data science project management problems. I liked that there was offline work that could be done at own free time, combined with live discussions that were very friendly and helpful”.
– Xavier Leow (Project manager)
Get a Course Brochure
The cost of $950 includes:
- Access to the DSPA community
- Team Lead training materials: including 4 modules, one per week, that each contain online content (e.g., videos), and a live instructor/mentor led weekly session. It also includes DSPA’s TL Certification Exam.